You Are Reading

OUGD505 Design Practice 2_Studio Brief 2 Interim Crit

For All Mankind Concept Crit
  • Can this exhibition reflect the content of the exhibition, e.g. the exhibition space could be circular?
  • Wayfinding should be clear and could direct viewers to view photos in two separate directions (U.S.S.R & U.S) 
  • Have the exhibition laid out like a timeline.
  • I think that you should mount/frame the work/photos in a way which will relate to the overall aesthetics.
  • Showcase some physical artefacts too; bits of rockets, space suits?
  • I think you need to decide if the exhibition is purely of space photography or if it's information about people and space exploration.
  • NASA photos appeals massively to children so I would try to design for a family friendly audience. 
  • If it's just photography it might be more focussed on photographers as opposed to the public.
I think  that the feedback isn't particularly helpful, maybe it is the way I worded my brief but I did say I'm solely focusing on photography. I don't want to add things to the exhibition for the sake of making it larger and appeal to more people, for example Cannes movie festival appeals to movie lovers, it doesn't add wax works or props to try and appeal to every man and his dog.

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.