You Are Reading

OUGD406 DESIGN PRACTICE- Resource logo variations

I have stolen the layout from the crests and logos design sheets I did and applied 'resources' to it to create another crest for the back of my book as a title page for the resources section. Drawing from my research into logos and crests I have kept the design simple and let the typography do the talking as opposed to filling the logo up with unnecessary illustrations that completely detract from the message and affect functionality. I kind of stuck with the same design as opposed to developing it further because I feel like I hit the nail on the head straight away, instead I experimented with the logo on different coloured backgrounds to differentiate it from the notes section. 

Below I have started with a black background and slowly decreased the opacity so it gets lighter and lighter. I think the 3rd one down works best because it's the least harsh but provides a sufficient contrast so it's easy to read the text. The text is not difficult to read but it certainly gets harder on the lightest of the greys, where on the true black background there is the highest contrast meaning it's read easiest but the black is too harsh and I want something more subtler because it's going to fill a full page.





I also experimented with the logo on coloured backgrounds to see what it would look like on colour instead of greyscale. The design looks a lot better on the colours and especially the yellow background, the white really pops off the page because of the high contrast. My only worry is that because the cover is neon orange and the belly band black the yellow might be one colour too many. Therefore I think it's better to scrap the idea of using colour and stick with greyscale. By using grey scale it also enables me to print black and white thus saving me a substantial amount of money because it'll be a 20 page document, so if I decide to print the the resource pages colour (2 pages out of the 20) it'll cost £5 colour or 60p black and white. It makes sense to choose the greyscale because i'm also printing multiple copies as well.






Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.