You Are Reading

OUGD406 DESIGN PRACTICE- Mock ups

Below are mockups of my final book I have produced to get a feel for how my book will look fully bound, but also to present in the final crit so that people have a visual representation of what my final notebook could potentially look like.

I have printed the covers both on pearl grey and on antique because i'm torn between the 2, they both offer different qualities such as texture and colour. This a question I really want opinions on in the final crit.

crest

I have also experimented with multiple saddle stitches, personally I favour the multiple stitches as opposed to the 2 simple stitches, it adds more detail and you get more of a hand bound aesthetic.

saddle stitch

bulb design on pearl grey

different saddle stitch

 equipment layout front and back


second lightbulb design

belly band on and off the book










Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.