You Are Reading

OUGD405 Design Process- Self Evauluation


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
04
 Module Code 
OUGD405                


 Module Title
DESIGN PROCESS



END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME

Harrison Park

1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

In this module I have developed my research skills by using alternative methods and sources which I then applied to my deception and punk research task. Without my newly found research skills my research would not be as strong. I also developed my photoshop and indesign skills thoroughly and put them into use for my postcard brief and the publication I created on pussy riot.


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have mainly worked in digital software throughout this module; creating infographics and illustrations in illustrator, editing photos by adding tints and masking images on photoshop and linking all these component together on indesign to create my publication. I have also used a whole range of research methods from interviews to questionnaires, these research methods have played a major role in my design development process because they allowed me to grasp a better understanding of the subject but also gave me content to apply to designs.


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I believe the layout and structure is a real strong point in my work, working in grid systems helped me to achieve this. Another strength is the simplicity of my work, I have balance image and type as well as the surrounding empty space to create design that isn’t boring and empty, but also work that doesn’t seem cluttered and over crowded.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

Lack of experimentation with other print methods because I have solely used digital print throughout I think it’s holding my work back at times, however, my design aesthetics is more clean and crisp where as with screen print this look can’t always be achieved. Next time I will attempt more methods like screenprinting and foiling, these techniques will help add that final touch to my work especially foiling. My research quantity also isn’t up to scratch and could do with going into more depth next time round rather than skimming the edges.





5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
1.     Use more methods of research to give me stronger information and a better understanding on the subject at hand.
2.     Use alternative methods of primary research to gain better views and opinions.
3.     Experiment more with stock as opposed to selecting one and sticking with it throughout, this will give me a better judgement of what stock is best suited.
4.     Experiment with more methods of printing as opposed to digital print all the time, could use screen printing, foiling etc… This will give my work more depth and more texture.
Manage my time more efficiently and fully utilise the time i've been given. This will allow me to reproduce more variations.
5.      




6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




x
Punctuality




x
Motivation



x

Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced


x


Quality of work produced



x

Contribution to the group


x


The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self-evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.