You Are Reading

OUGD403 Alphabet soup: typeface 1

On Monday we were set the task to design a typeface for a full alphabet and glyphs that represents the personality/character of my partner. I were partnered up with Oli Dye and to get to know each other better, we both filled out questionnaires that break the ice and give us both a brief understanding of personal interests and tastes.

My findings were as follows; 

  • He is from Sheffield
  • Favourite colour is red.
  • Earliest memory wearing a green jumper at his 3rd birthday.
  • Admires Kid Acne the most because of his stand out, thought provoking northern sayings.
  • His Kid Acne print is his most treasured possession.
  • He doesn't want a super power.
  • He wish he had created the 'peace' logo.      
  • Sean Bean would play him in a film of his life.
  • He would love to have Stephen fry and David Mitchell at his dream dinner party.
  • He uses the word 'Reyt' the most.

I found some of these questions didn't really give me much to start from therefore i asked some more personal questions that would let me understand him more;


  • He is a northern working class lad.
  • He loves music, plays guitar in an indie band.
  • He loves arctic monkeys.
  • He's into mod culture, paisley.
  • His taste in graphic design is clean, intricate and over detailed.
Firstly I intend to research into, Sheffield, mod culture (type and patterns) and Kid Acne. These will then give me starting point to develop my thoughts into ideas and eventually develop my research into a final typeface. 

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.