You Are Reading

OUGD505 Design Practice 2_Studio Brief 2

Wayfinding Symbols
For the exhibition I intend on designing a series of vectors that illustrate and categories the topic of each image;

  • Launch
  • Astronaut
  • Command Module
  • Satellite
  • Moon Walk 
  • Space Walk (EVA)
  • Lunar Module
  • Orbit
  • Earth
  • Moon
  • Moon Surface


I like the use of vector icons as wayfinding but after conducting further research and holding a crit I found that some of the icons were quite difficult to understand without the title underneath. This is the opposite of what I want, the icons should work by themselves without any text. I think I should either develop them or drop them, although developing them strengthens the branding I'm struggling to find how they will tie in with the rest of my designs because they're quite different in style. I think due to time restrictions it is best to leave them as they are...

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.