You Are Reading

OUGD503 Responsive_Brief 1

XL Records_Tyler the Creator

To begin with I had to figure out the angle at which each letter would be at so that there is an equal progression from each angle to the next. To work it out I simply divided 180 by 26, this then gives me the angle at which each 'letter' needs to be at. 180/26=9.62


The image above illustrates the entire alphabet and the progression from letter to letter and how much of a difference -6.92ยบ makes. The reason for putting them in circles is to assist in placement, rotation and laying them all out, it allows me to know the spacing between each one so that is equal and I don't have to play around with kerning.

From this I must now spell out the speech from the award show;

"Yo, I'm excited as fuck right now, yo," he said. "I wanted this shit since I was 9. I'm about to cry. This is for my little brother Earl. He's not here right now. I really can't believe I'm here right now. I didn't write a thank you speech. I don't know. Fuck. To all the kids watching, you can do this shit. Thank you."


This is what the speech looks like once it has all been organised, I've purposefully left out any punctuation because it is a code and basing it on codes such as morse code, they have none. All that needs to be done is to remove the circles around it and make them look more like sprinkles. The vital information such as branding and title will be adding to the bottom as to not detract from the main focus.

When circles are removed they resemble more of a sprinkle shape, I think the colour just needs changing so that it suits sprinkles more and so that it ties in more with OFWGKTA.

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.