You Are Reading

Design for print and web- interim crit

Today we had an interim crit ahead of next weeks hand in. We presented the briefs we had altered ourselves, our design boards and anything else we had printed off such as final designs etc... Although the crit suited the stage we're at for the project I didn't find it helpful at all. I received next to little feedback and of what feedback I did receive most of it was positive which doesn't help me. I felt like people were afraid offer strong feedback incase they offended me, but I've found the crits we have had previously where we leave the room was vastly better because it gave me direction, it made me question my design and take it that little further to the next level. Whereas now I'm pretty stumped as to what I should do... Should I just continue and stick to what I'm designing or does something need altering for it to work in context? I think over the course of the afternoon I need to have a sit down and go through it with Sam because he'll give me honest feedback and give me new design ideas about what needs to be changed or added. 

Crit with Sam
After this mornings unproductive crit I decided to conduct a crit with someone who's not afraid to tell me what he thinks about my work. Sam brought up a lot of questions about the relevance of my proposed logo and typography, apart from being made out of type what do the manipulated letters represent? This got me thinking that there isn't actually relevance apart from I did it because it looked good and suited the stye of the project. Sam also brought up the number of printed material I had proposed and that it was lacking bulk if I was focusing on the print side, suggesting I add bags, reciepts and business/postcards to the printed material as they're often things you find in at an exhibition and store. I began reconsidering looking over them at the beginning and thought about the details of the project not just the main things like posters, tickets and programmes but the little details that make the event. I feel like the feedback I've received this afternoon has given me more to look at and do than this morning, it's given me something to go away and think about.

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.