You Are Reading

Design for print- Content map

Today I've been focusing on the content of my info pack so I can make a start on researching and collating all the information I want to feature. To be honest I didn't really know where to start or what to include so I wrote a list of everything I could possibly think of along with other bit out of books and on the web. I then narrowed it down to what I thought was more specific to the concept of my info pack. Below is the post it note map I made of the contents, it isn't a definitive list though. I will probably add and subtract as I'm research, it's more of a guide as to where to begin researching and giving me structure during this process.

Because I'm focusing for print on paper certain categories are limited to what they're going to contain such as format and stock. This will aid my research process because it's focused down and not a vast broad range of stocks, which could be a never ending list because you can now print onto most things.


In case you can't read the text on the photo;

Production
Binding
Print features
Overprint

Format
Paper size
Paper uses

Process
Screen print
Scratch overlay
Thermo chromatic
Risograph
Lasercut 

Stock
Weight
Texture
Choosing the correct stock
Notable paper sources
Paper types

Finishes
Foil blocking
Folding
De/Emboss
Duplex
Die cutting
Perforation

Colour
CMYK
Spot colours
Pantone
Inks

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.