You Are Reading

OUGD403 DESIGN SKILLS - MESSAGE & DELIVERY: DISTRIBUTION

Final Prints

This what my printed out copies look like, because of the way I designed the infograph to be printed on the inside of the envelope I had to print double sided. I had a small issue on the first print and that was lining up both sides perfectly, however, I quickly came up with a solution to fully block out the outside of the envelope because it only needs to be block colour. I also needed to nudge the title to the inside of the panel slightly just to be safe so I didn't trim any of the writing off when cutting from the other side.

I printed on to antique white paper same as the posters and again the block yellow works great when printed onto it. The paper gives the yellow a more muted vintage tone to it which I feel is relevant to the history and culture behind the Tour de France.


On the inside of the envelope I feel again the paper has done my designs justice, even though the paper doesn't have a clean crisp print, it does have an aesthetic that one would achieve by screen printing, kind of a not so perfect finish to it and I feel the colour also matches a screen printed style muted/dull. I'm very pleased with the way the prints came out even though the paper doesn't print clean and crisp, it has however printed all the detail and opacities.


This is just what the envelope looks like once cut out and slightly unfolded, I particularly enjoy how when you unfold the envelope it reveals one more panel as opposed to showing the whole infograph in one go.


This what the envelope looks like when posted through your door minus the stamp. I think the yellow has a massive impact when on the door mat, however I don't think it actually says much about the contents or subject. This is a good and a bad thing, good because it provokes thoughts, it makes the receiver want to open it and find out the inside. However it's bad because although it is an unbelievably crisp sleep design it can deter people from opening the letter and throwing it straight in the junk mail pile because it has no theme on the outside but also because it's not the normal withe or brown envelope, which is the 'norm' to receive.


Mailshot-


This is my mailing list for my mail shots, its pretty simple and straight forward similar to my posters and my mail shot. I have incorporated a bike wheel and used the same font as the posters and mail shot so it's in keeping with everything else. I have decided to send my mail shots to independent cycling blogs that post a substantial amount of cycle art therefor it would be a quick and easy way for my to get my mail shot out to the public. I'm not really a big fan of my mailing list, it looks similar to a receipt because of the tall slim font but also because of the choice of font colour.





Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.