You Are Reading

OUGD405 Design Process- Postcards

Below are my 5 final postcards, I ended up using the photo of the air vent grid because it was the best quality photo but also I felt it was the best visual representation of my shape (cross). For each image I added a black and white filter and applied a gradient to it. I then masked right angled triangles and changed the opacity to get the three dimensional effect by creating different tones.

They're a pretty simple set of postcards but because they all have similar qualities and alike that they actually work perfectly together as opposed to 5 different photos that all depict a different cross.




Below are the backs of the postcards, i've kept it a simple as possible trying to incorporate a cross in it where I can. They're all pretty self explanatory, but I do have my favourites. The vertical line with the x on top works well together but it feels like it's missing a certain component what I can't seem to put my finger on. And then the other option is the large cross the horizontal lines intersecting it, this one works the best because it fills the whole space instead of leaving large areas of white.







Final postcards






Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.